League of Canada
Союз Українців Самостійників Канади
G1. Develop and implement a comprehensive communication program.
G2. Promote the development of cultural programs within local chapters of member organizations and provide a vehicle for the reporting and dissemination of these programs and content to others.
G3. Promote events on a district or provincial basis to better utilize human and financial resources so as to create a more exciting and appealing final product.
G4. Create a database of human resources that are "experts" in various fields of Ukrainian culture.
G5. Promote CYC concepts, ideals and events in the media. G6. Develop programming geared towards cultivating strong leadership skills.
G7. Create and promote resources for effective management of an organization. G8. Ensure that all members are aware of and practice the tenets of effective leadership.
G9. Strengthen the relationship between C.Y.C. (U.S.R.L.) and the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada.
G10. Act in consultation with the Church on politically sensitive issues.
G11. To encourage members to lead lives based upon principles of self-respect, self-reliance and resourcefulness and to guide their lives by the highest moral and ethical standards.
G12. Nurture the growth of CYMK
G13. Provide support to component organizations in areas of fund raising and membership recruitment. G14. Develop leadership programs utilizing the richness and expertise within the CYC membership.
1. Produce print material promoting its aims and objectives as well as those of its component organizations.
2. Organize workshops and educational opportunities.
3. Provide a format for wording resolutions at conventions.
4. Develop a meeting guidebook.
5. Develop a web site.
6. Ensure that all component organizations have fax and email capabilities.
7. Develop a national newsletter.
8. Model effective leadership behaviors.
9. Develop and circulate a data-collecting questionnaire to component organizations regarding the 'expertise' available among members related to various fields of the Ukrainian culture.
10. Produce a media kit.
11. Establish a liaison process with UOCC.
12. Develop and implement a financial plan.
13. Develop and implement a marketing plan.
14. Employ part-time or full time paid staff to facilitate implementation of these objectives.
15. Provide financial and human resource assistance to CYMK related to membership recruitment and programming.
16. Develop a resource manual of fund raising strategies and educational programming activities.
President - Dr. Peter Kondra, Hamilton
Vice-President - Dennis Kuchta, Edmonton
Secretary - Darcia Moskaluk Rutkay, Toronto
Treasurer - Michael Kalimin, Toronto
Past President - Dr. Tony Harras, Regina
Directors at Large
Director for Communications - Daria Olynyk, Toronto
Director for Culture - Christine Zwodecky, Edmonton
Director for Leadership - Jaroslav Balan, Edmonton
Chaplain - Fr. Bohdan Hladio, Oshawa
Representatives of Affiliate Organizations
Bill Strus - President, SUS Foundation
Mark Olynyk - Director, St. Vladimir Institute, Toronto
Tania Mysak - Chair, St. John's Institute, Edmonton
Steve Senyk - Chair, St. Petro Mohyla Institute, Saskatoon
Max Kowalchuk - President, CYMK-UOY, Winnipeg
Elaine Harasymiw - Ukrainian Women's Association of Canada, Edmonton
Alicia Klopoushak - Ukrainian Museum of Canada, Saskatoon